Wednesday 26 September 2012

From an Autistic point of view

JOURNEY WITH AUTISM: From an autistic point of view:


"I liked the sound of flowing water and enjoyed pouring water back and forth between orange juice cans; whereas another child may avoid the sound of flowing water. I liked the visual stimulation of watching automatic sliding doors; whereas another child might run and scream when he or she sees an automatic sliding door. ....................................  "
Says Temple Grandin, A 64 year old autistic person, Doctor of animal science and a professor in Colorado state University, USA. In her articles she explains about the sensory, language, social communication and learning issues that she experienced as a person with autism.. It would provide a good insight to parents and professionals about the struggles or voices of autistic children... For a better understanding, follow the link...

2 comments:

  1. Autism was just the name of another widespread disease to me UNTIL Priyanka Chopra's act of an autistic girl in the Oscar-nominated critically-acclaimed film 'Barfi', brought into my focus the issues faced by children suffering from this disorder. I would love to read about Temple Grandin's life.OT is an interesting field of study which I will hopefully pursue in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that movies are raising awareness about disorders like Autism. I'm really looking forward to watching 'Burfi".Please continue reading my blog to learn other interesting aspects of OT:)

    ReplyDelete